Saturday, April 28, 2012

Personal Problems Arise

Week 14 was short for me, but not for a good reason. Due to a family emergency, I was out for 2 days. Molly was more that understanding, and stepped in for my lessons. Again, another time that she has showed so much confidence and understanding.

Monday was a good day. We were finally working with the crayfish! I was nervous, but I know the kids were really excited. When they came in from lunch, I made them sit quietly. I began to whisper. They looked confused, but I continued to tell them that crayfish are scared, tiny creatures. When we use loud voices, we are really scaring them. We need to make sure to whisper, and made no sudden screams. We also needed to stay in our groups, because all the movement can also scare them. The students really felt for the poor crayfish, and I have never seen them so quiet or still. They really enjoyed observing the crayfish, answering questions like how many eyes, legs, etc. They knew terminology like exoskeleton and antennae from Friday, which made me proud. Finally, it became time to show the students how to pick up the crayfish. Inside I was freaking out, but I knew I had to fake being okay with touching them, for the kids sakes. I didn't enjoy it, and immediately put it down, but I know modeling needed to be done in order for the students to pick them up the right way.






































Like I said, the week was short for me. When I came back on Friday, Molly gave me complete control again. She told me it was funny because her throat was hurting due to talking so much, something she hasn't done for the past 10 weeks.  She told me it was an eye opener, reminding herself I would be gone in 2 short weeks, and had to get back into gear. This is when the discussion of my final two weeks arose. We decided that next week would be my final week of full day teaching, and my last week(only 4 days) I would let her take things over while I co-taught.

I cannot believe it is almost here. May 10th is going to be here before I know it, and I wish this could last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment